Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gardening

This is a wonderful fun way to be green. I live in a rental house so this adds to my challenge to garden that some of you don't have. I am growing my garden in pots mainly. I have a puppy that likes to dig up everything I plant. He then gives me the puppy face as he crouches down knowing he's a bad boy. Oh yeah, back to gardening.

I have a pepper plant in the house with the intent to put it in a container but you can grow them indoors. The tomato that I planted in a container was ripped from its container by said puppy and it almost died. Thankfully it survived and now has tomatoes on it. I have a thriving basil plant on my window sill and its growing like crazy. I do have knats that I need to get rid of but want to do it organically. If you know of a way to do this please share. I will let you know what I come up with. I heard Lemongrass essential oils works but I can't find mine. I am trying not to use a pesticide since this is an organic plant. I also have a banana tree from Guam that had a baby in the same pot and we transplanted it a few days ago so now I have two banana trees. Thanks Rhonda we sure do love them. I have Aloe Veras that mostly went into the ground and are now in shock and purple. We put a few in a pot so that we could have some to move around. Thanks Tonya for this lovely blessing. Lastly we have seeds that we are in the process of growing and can't wait to plant those in the planters I intend to build for them. We are a little late but still in season with those. I want more tomatoes but we will see if I can get more.

Anyone have a peach tree in hot climate? We would love to plant one. Not sure if they can handle pots (huge) or not but would love it if they can. Most of what I have is organic and what I have that didn't start as organic is being treated organically now.

No comments: